Behind the scenes with the Bensonator

Monday, March 27, 2006

SB2K6 Day Four - More burnage and Putt Putt Golf-




First off, i have been informed by Ms. Ericka Bennett that i should pay more attention to my grammatical errors and she finds my mistakes quite humorous. To that, i say its late when i post these things, the sun drains you, but i shall try.
We got to the beach early today and Zach somehow, made it to the wonderful continental breakfast of the Roadside Inn just before. (wasn't too bad i say, but im not too picky). The whole time we were driving to the beach i was thinking, "now why am i going back out there to bake my poor sun tanned (burned is a better word probably) body?" Nonetheless, Zach actually put sun tan lotion on and had an enjoyable day at the beach. Chris and i grabbed some lunch at Britt's, a fun little beachside stop for some good eats. By this time it was like 1.30ish and we headed back to see what the rest of the crew was doing. Much to our excitement, we found the gang building a "sand person" in the image of Zach Yelton? What? Ha, yeah too funny i know, that's the group i've been with the whole trip and its been great fun.
The fun only continued as we left the beach around 4.30 to come back to the Roadside for showers. Following, a neat pizza place for dinner then.... PUTT PUTT Golf at Congo River Links! (yeah, amazing i know... and we got a group discounted rate!) OMG, soooo much craziness occured at the Congo. Some of which included:
  • Court refering to the putter as a "putt" HA! Yeah, and i quote "dangit biscuet, move your putt away from the hole!" (maybe you had to be there?)
  • Out of frustration (and hit number....um i dunno 10?), sweet Christi let a wordy dirty fly in front of all the kids playing in front and behind us! (she would probably kill me for tellin this story! But, it was sooo worth it, wish all could have been there)
  • Me telling the girls (not even thinking, honestly) as they were trying to figure out a "cute Putt Putt golf" pose, to put the golf balls in their mouth and hold their sticks (refering to the putters of course). Once Court, busted out laughing, the "o crap, what did i just say?" moment, occured. Too funny. Good move ZEB, really i know. I was just trying to suggest a good picture that's all!
And those were just highlights, wow. We then (of course) went to Starbucks, fun convo and great joe, no doubt. Sadly, we are now in the hotel room. Brett was joking about how we have gone to bed before 1.30am this trip every nite we have been here yet, in AU we don't even come close to that bed time. Haha, o well, i guess the sun just takes it out of you, i don't know.

No matter, we still had great fun every nite and im soo glad to have such great community and friends. Such a blessing to know that your friends also decide not to conform to the ways of this world, in any case... whether it be on spring break in Clearwater or hanging out in AU. My heart just broke today while i was at the beach as i saw so many folks chosing death. Not judging them by any means, but i just know that deep down, they are not wanting to continue to find a false fullfillment thru the lies this world offers. I've stayed sober, away from whatever else Spring Break at the beach can bring, and still had one of the best spring breaks ever. Im just so encouraged by the lives my friends live. Chosing to live for something bigger then themeselves, loving life and finding joy in every circumstance. Love you guys!

Now, just the drive home.... looking forward to 8hrs in a car yaaya! SB2k6 over and out.
~ZEB

2 Comments:

  • I just laughed out loud at work about those golf stories- HA! That's just priceless! Wish I could have been there to see all that go down!

    Now on a more meaningful note- know that I'm so encouraged by the way you live. It does my heart a lot of good to see your life and know your heart, especially this week (I'll explain later). Thank you for believing His truth and living in it!

    Now bring me back my palm tree! :)

    By Blogger ericka b, at 9:42 AM  

  • FYI- I just wrote the longest blog of my life. It's ridiculous. I bet only like 2 people read it, but I don't care- I had to get it out! I think you'll be excited to see what decision I made after our talk the other night though!

    By Blogger ericka b, at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home