Behind the scenes with the Bensonator

Monday, February 27, 2006

Weekend of Worship in TN & Beth Moore

This weekend, I had the opportunity to lead in Oconee TN with some of my Macon friends. I couldn’t get anyone to ride with me so It was just me and Jesus and it was quite a ride let me tell ya! I listened to Beth Moore’s talk from the Passion 05 conference. She is so anointed wow… so passionate to know Jesus more, never settling, never ceasing to find joy and amazement in Father. A few things pierced my heart and will remain with me forever; it pierced the first time I heard it last January during the actual talk and it was so good to find encouragement in her words the Lord was speaking thru her yesterday in my car ride again.

“May my “public” zeal for Christ never exceed my zeal for Christ in private, in my closet, in the darkness, closed up in my room….private. Another way she put it, “My fake, Jesus Bravo”. So easy to come to encounter and get caught up in the “flow/sway” of worship, find your self hidden in the midst of the 800+ students? Then you have this “public zeal” of Christ but your left empty in private a fruitless life. Wow, such a perspective giving concept.

So, that was my car ride (with no wrong turns, no getting lost! yay) just Jesus, heavy in the car… Spurred me on in never settling for less then the power of the cross… its promise and its atoning magnificence…renewed my mind to the things of Heaven and its holy dweller, always guarding my thoughts with the shield of faith and the sword of truth, as to extinguish the devil’s fiery darts. That I might be empowered, upon the day my life here is over standing before my Lord, laying the extinguished darts at his feet, and proclaim… “There is my God for whom I trusted and loved!”

Burdened for these kids to experience the living God in the midst of worship in spirit and truth, the Lord was so faithful to answer our prayerful cries before we began the worship set each nite. Comfort zones were broken and stepped out of, freedom, love and joy was experienced. I pray that they continue to press into Jesus for in Him is unfailing love and empowerment that will cause this broken world to kneel to one Holy Creator God.


“If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”

“I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death.”

C.S Lewis

Amazed,
ZEB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home