Behind the scenes with the Bensonator

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

-Melissa Benson Becoming Melissa Mayfield-




Its quite hard to describe the events of my sister's wedding mainly because it was an emotional blur that had soo much planning involved yet it only lasted about 45 minutes (not including the reception party!). I get finished with finals and drive home on Wed. only to be greeted by a house full of crazy Bensons with a Zach To-Do list! I don't think i stopped from the moment i got home until the wedding was over. Nonetheless, my sister was an AMAZINGLY beautiful bride with a beautiful wedding! Funny story...at the rehersal dinner me, being the brother of the bride of course, had to say something and i had no problem with this. Its a brother's joy and honor to bless his sister and soon to be brother in law the nite before the wedding with a few loving words right? i honestly don't even get nervous talking in front of large groups so i was good to go right off the cuff (big mistake!). Yeah, all that went out the door, after the first few words of my little spill. After welling up with emotion and tears of joy upon looking at my sister all grown up and full of smiles, i lost it! Haha, i first introduced myself as "Melissa, Melissa's younger brother," yeah, i know real smooth, but i covered that one up ok. So the tears continued and i finally reached a stopping point and said all my heart wanted to say only to call Brandon (sis's soon to be hubby) in closing, the best son in law i could ask for! haha, real smooth Zach, real smooth. Maybe my public speakin class will pay off next semester, i need it! Like i said the wedding was perfect and everyone got through it with minimal tears. Poor dad, i never seen him cry soo much in my life! I can only imagine how hard it would be to give away my daughter if i have one.... man!

We had an amazing prayer time in the bridemaid's room before, wow, soo special and i am soo glad i got to pray over my sis on her special day! I couldn't be happier for Brandon and Mel and i can't wait to see what the Lord is gonna do in and thru them as a couple. Yeah, be jealous, they are coming back this Friday to Macon with nice tans... and its December, not fair!

-PS-
If you didn't realize, this Blog's title is a link to a few of my sister's wedding pics by the photographer we used, it should be updated every few days the little code thingy is benson1150 ...Check it out!

-Blessings and Happy Holidays!-


1 Comments:

  • awwww.....you have no idea how blessed I was by your sweet toast the rehearsal dinner night and then when you prayed over me on the wedding day. It was such an amazing weekend and I am thankful you were by my side helping me through it. Did I mention I have the BEST brother ever?? Oh, and one more thing...he has guitar skills---you showed them off quite well during the ceremony..I love you!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home