Behind the scenes with the Bensonator

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

-"Thank God" Thoughts...-

I was walking down the large slab of concrete/brick that is the Haley Center concourse and over heard some girl say with exasperation as she spoke about school, "Thank God I'm done with History forever!" At first, i thought nothing of this comment, and then because i was about to move on in my minds thought processes, i thought about her comment more intentionally. "Thank God..." This made me smile as i thought about it in a new light/ perspective. So easily we say those words too many times without thinking twice, some people say it thinking nothing of God... a habit maybe. Yet, to a believer or anyone who thinks about that comment a second time after it comes out of their mouth, it proves that no matter what, our Savior is who He is because before time, before you and i, He existed and exists to be lifted up and praised above everything else! That statement proves His supremacy over all and we don't even know what we are stating sometimes... Believer or non believer "Thank God" = the undeniable fact that we should exists only to lift up and acknowledge His greatness and mercy in our lives!

This may have gotten a little confusing.. it sounded better in my head... we'll do lunch over it!

-Be Blessed-


God says to you, "I love you, and I am with you, I want o see you come closer to me and experience the joy and peace of my presence. I want to give you a new heart and a new spirit. I want you to speak with my mouth, see with my eyes, hear with my ears, touch with my hands. All that is mine is yours. Just trust me and let me be your God." - The Inner Voice of Love by: Henri Nouwen

1 Comments:

  • so...i was reading your blog, and I had to think how typical that comment truly is and how much i do overlook it. you are so right in how believers and non belivers, "thank God" in random comments in which they truly probaby arent 'thanking God.' I hear that at least 2 times a day without even thinking of it. thanks bro for the enouragement! I L Y!!!

    your sis!!
    mb

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home